WHAT IS MENTAL HEALTH
Mental health includes your emotional, psychological, and social well being. It is something that is constantly important in every stage of life, from childhood through adulthood. It impacts how we think, feel, and act. Read more below to learn more about what mental health is, and check out this page for mental health tips and self care strategies to maintain good mental health.
GOOD MENTAL HEALTH
- Healthy balance of emotions
- Practice self care
- The ability to learn.
- The ability to feel, express and manage a range of positive and negative emotions
- The ability to form and maintain good relationships with others.
Mental health can be good and bad
POOR MENTAL HEALTH
- Finding it difficult to manage how you think, feel, and act with respect to daily stresses
- Constantly feeling sad or down
- Unhealthy balance of emotions
- Extreme mood changes
- Withdrawal from friends and family